June 16, 2009

A Weekend in the Sky!

The Horse Trials and 3-Day Event at the Colorado Horse Park always makes my assistants and me work really hard for three days. The hours are long, the weather isn't always co-operative and the sleep is scarce after getting all the images downloaded, backed up and the batteries recharged every night. This year was no exception, however the skies were glorious. Every day brought a new sky.

Saturday afternoon's sky decided to cancel some of the last of the cross-country in the way of throwing down a bunch of lightning mixed in with some rain, hail and thunder. Once it was determined that the storm wasn't going to just go on by like most do, arrangements were quickly made to run the last hour and a half of the cross country phase in the morning before stadium started which meant we all got another crack at a glorious morning sky.

Unfortunately, I did have to wait to do most of the processing on the almost 10,000 images that we took over the weekend. I had a date for another horse trials in Vermont. While I could sort them I really had to get to the home computer to do much of the actual preparation... not like I had much time around the the second event anyway. More long hours and driving time and airplane rides, some rather extended from their intended schedule due to more storms at every airport my plane had to visit. Either way, here are some of the skies from the CHP event. Many thanks to the wonderful event managers, Deeda Randal and Kari too for another great event and to Amy E. Riley and Lynne Glazer for assisting me in making all these wonderful images for the competitors.

2 comments:

txtrigger said...

10,000 images???? YIKES! And beautiful stuff. Horse trials (and Combined Driving) are always fun to shoot! Hope to see you at a ride this year.

Samantha said...

I just have to say that the last photo is the best. Its a great shot!